Thursday, April 5, 2012

Day 7-a day with St. Peter, Vatican City

I woke up today to what looked like a murder scene in the bathroom. What happened you might ask? John had a nose bleed. He bled everywhere, including on my toothbrush. Thanks John.

After this traumatic experience, I went downstairs to eat breakfast with Godfrey and Dr. Economy. I ate ham and cereal for breakfast, which is a better combo than I first thought. After this it was off to the Vatican.

We arrived at the Vatican where we met our tour guide. This woman was a better tour guide than the one at the colosseum. From here we went through the Vatican museum. It should be noted here that what Will told me was correct, the romans cut the penises off of nude statues. This was a really cool place which was full of rich church history. We also saw the Sistine Chapel, which was much more impressive than the Mona Lisa. Michelangelo is legit to say the least. We did not get to go inside St. Peter's because Mass was being celebrated, but the outside was beautiful. The Vatican is an awesome place.

At the Vatican museum gift shop Godfrey bought a rosary, and he had to be taught how to pray it. He also said he wanted to wear it as a necklace like other people do, but I told him if he did that I would punch him in the face. Phyllis and I also bought Michael Culleton a rosary. Ave Maria.

I accomplished my personal goal of taking a photo with a group of priests today. The two priests I took a photo with were Brazilian and spoke very little English, but they were very polite. Take note Anglican communion, Catholicism is kicking your butt.

After the Vatican, I ate the best meal of the entire trip for lunch. I had veal wrapped in ham and also about half a cheese pizza. It was amazing to say the least. I also developed the worlds greatest gelato combination, coffee and mint chocolate chip. Yum.

At this point, my mother made the awful decision to get a portrait of me drawn. The awful picture portrays me as a 12 year old Jewish boy, which is exactly as I hoped to be drawn. That was a huge waste of money. You can find Godfrey's drawing on facebook, and I highly suggest you check that out. That bad boy is a true beauty.

For dinner we had (big surprise) pasta. It was alright, but once again, the highlight of dinner was Caroline playing with my dessert and getting it everywhere. Tisk tisk.

I'm back at the hotel and it is late, so I'm off to bed. Goodnight all.

P.S. I threw a coin into some fountain I can't remember the name of, which means I will also come back to Rome. I'm loving it over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment